Aging is a normal part of life: one some of us have even learned to love and embrace. However, though embracing our age is a wonderful thing, many of us would like to reverse the effects of aging on our skin and appearance. Thankfully, with the right products and a little know-how, enhancing the health and appearance of your skin is possible. Keep reading to find out more!
Get Younger-Looking Eyes
The eyes are one of the first places to show the signs of aging. Crow’s feet, under-eye bags and bloodshot eyes seem to pop up overnight, and can add years to your appearance. However, with tricks and remedies like the ones listed below, you can reduce the signs of aging around your eyes, and enjoy a fresher, more youthful appearance:
- Erase crow’s feet. Those little lines around the eyes may show character, but they can also make you look older and exhausted. To reduce crow’s feet, use products with vitamins E, C and A. These essential vitamins help boost the body’s production of collagen, which plumps the skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- Relieve bags and puffiness. Under-eye bags and puffiness are usually the result of weakened muscles and fluid retention. Bring down the swelling with at-home remedies like cold compresses or hemorrhoids treatment products (yes, it really works), and prevent future puffiness by drinking plenty of water, limiting your salt intake and getting enough sleep.
- Reduce scowl lines. Over time, tension, stress and squinting can result in the development of deep, vertical lines between the brows. And, not only do they tack years onto our appearance, they make us look like we’re in a constant state of stress or anger. Reduce scowl lines by making an effort to manage stress; and, if that doesn’t work, tackle these unsightly lines with products containing vitamin A or retinol.
- See your eye doctor. Do you have chronically tired or bloodshot eyes? Are you having vision problems or unusual pain? If so, see your eye doctor right away. In addition to making us look (and feel) older, tired, bloodshot eyes can be indicative of eye disease, and may also be a side effect of certain medications. Either way, err on the side of caution, and get it checked out immediately.
Enjoy a Healthy, Radiant Glow
As we age, our skin loses its lustrous glow. And while factors like stress, illness and poor lifestyle choices can leave us with dull, older-looking skin, it is possible to run things around. Use the following tips to get gorgeous, glowing, younger-looking skin:
- Exercise. We all know exercise is important. However, in addition to the benefits to inner health, regular workouts can do wonders for our appearance, as well. For example, exercise enhances circulation, which can slow down the aging process, boost the body’s production of collagen, rid the body (and skin!) of impurities, and leave us with brighter, firmer skin.
- Eat well. A bad diet can wreak havoc on the skin. The right nutrition, on the other hand, can reverse and prevent age-related damage. Fill your plate with colorful, antioxidant-rich produce, lean proteins, whole grains and healthy fats, and limit or avoid processed foods, sugar, starches and trans fats. And remember to hydrate. Not drinking enough water will exacerbate the appearance of wrinkles, and can also result in sagging, dark circle and other effects.
- Exfoliate. Dead skin cells can build up on the epidermis, clogging the pores and leaving the skin flaky and dull. Exfoliating treatments remove dead skin cells and impurities, enhance circulation and rejuvenate aging skin.
Aging can be a beautiful thing. And with the tips provided here, you can age gracefully, look and feel amazing, and enjoy healthy, radiant, beautiful skin.